DNSBL Log

PizzaTime

Apr 3, 2018
Hello,

Since our firewall change to opnsense the DNSBLs doesn't work.
On opnsense we use unbound DNS as resolver.

Where are the log-files for the DNSBL on the Proxmox Mail Gateway?

Best regards

PizzaTime

I've checked my mail.log.
There isn't anything about our used rbl and there aren't any lookup errors.
If i take there some false rbl settings there are failures too.

When I have a look into postscreen it doesn't block anything for rbl.
Before our change there where a lot of mails blocked because of rbl.

Some ideas?

I've found some article about:

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/schlechte-spamerkennung.37832/

Die Statistik ist seit 4.1.7 leider nicht ganz korrekt.
Die EMails die mit Cyren DNS RBL geblock wurden, gingen in diese Statistik. Die neuen DNS RBL leider nicht - da RBL je nach Domain sehr grosse Auswirkungen haben, schaut es schlechter aus als wie es tatsächlich ist.

So i think it's normally that there are no blocked mails anymore in the statistic and it's no fault in my dns configuration.

in "postscreen" I've only pregreet entrys, there isn't any with rbl.
Half an year ago there where lot's of entry's with rbl too.

Today I've 2 rbl (b.barracudacentral.org,bl.spamcop.net), but nothing blocked.

Hi,

that looks strange, there should be such entries. Maybe you should post your main.cf to verify. Maybe you should also check, if you have mail, you expect to be on this lists. Maybe you should try manual nslookup on the machine, if it’s working. Maybe you should test 2.0.0.127 or similar test entries (see list details), if they really work. I don’t suggest barracudacentral as sole „kicklist“, I also already thought about to remove spamcop from level 1, look at my advanced thread, I optimized my blacklist set. Threshold can now be set via GUI also.

Regards,
Christian

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!