DMESG Inundated with Apparmor errors

mattlach

Mar 23, 2016
Boston, MA
Hey all,

I'm not very good with how Apparmor works, so I was hoping someone might help me solve this one.

Two of my many LXC containers, ID 110 and ID 170 are resulting in an absolute spamming of DMESG as follows:

Please see this pastebin. It was too much to post in a message here.

Two things ID 110 and ID170 have in common are:
1.) They are both running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (everything else is 16.04 LTS)
2.) They are both running the LXDE Desktop accessible via X2GO. Everything else is console/ssh only.

I do not recall this apparmor spamming in the past, but a few things have changed since then:

1.) I upgraded to Proxmox VE 6 based on Debian Buster
2.) I upgraded these two containers to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

I'm not sure which of the two changes above resulted in this happening.

Does anyone have any ideas? I really can't seem to figure out how to read these error messages to do anything useful with them.

The interesting part is that it does not appear to impact the functioning of these two containers. They are doing everything they are expected to, so whatever it is that is getting blocked, must not be very important, at least not to my use case.

Much obliged,
Matt

So, some more poking around system logs suggests that this happens every time Ubuntu runs the php sessionclean script to clean up php sessions. These two containers must be the only ones running php.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!