[SOLVED] DKIM for external servers

larsen

Feb 28, 2020
I have setup DKIM so that mails from our internal network that are sent over PMG get a signature. Now I wonder what to do with our external servers, e.g. JIRA or Gitlab.

Those currently send mails via a smarthost but could be switched to using the local Postfix on each server. One option probably would be to implement DKIM using a different DKIM selector for each external server.

Though, I guess it could be easier to relay those mails through PMG.
JIRA would send mails to PMG's port 26. Some of those mail would go to our own domain and some mails to other domains.

Is this possible at all?
Would PMG add a DKIM signature to those mails?
Would you do it this way or setup DKIM on each external server?

Lars

I have now configured our systems (JIRA, etc.) to use PMG as the mail server. It was only necessary to add those servers' IPs at "PMG > Configuration > Mail Proxy > Networks". Other servers where there was no specific service, I configured Postfix to use "relayhost".

Mails from our domain coming in from external servers get a DKIM signature added by PMG.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!