disk failure or not?

sahostking

Renowned Member
Hi

I have never seen this before. usually I get disk failed completely but this is new. Please advise if this disk has failed or not. I have another 11 of these disks and they dont give these results only this particular one.

disksresults.png

disksde.png

smartctl.png

it seems that this particular model of disk does is not correctly in the smartctl database
smart attributes are not really standardized and smartctl has a (very complicated) database of devices/vendors/models to attribute mapping and probably this is wrong
or alternatively the ssd simply reports wrong values

normally 'Percent lifetime remaining' has a normalized value between 0 and 100, but it's 225 here (0 would normally mean fully worn out, so we do 100 - normalized value which is '-125' in your case)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!