Disable zfs?

zamzing

Sep 22, 2018
Hi!,
I'm running a single node install on an old laptop using lvm and ext4. I would like to disable the zfs module and all related processes to conserve my limited resources. How do I do that?

I would like to disable the zfs module and all related processes to conserve my limited resources.

Technically you can disable that, but it is at most a few MB of space. If you start to do that, I'd suggest to disable other unnecessary stuff (with the same logic in mind). But be aware, you're changing the default behaviour of Proxmox VE and it cannot be guaranteed that it'll work as expected. I do not recommend this.

If you Laptop is running Proxmox VE, it has a 64-bit capable processor so how much RAM do you have?

Thanks for your response.

My laptop has 4GB only, but I expect to run several of VMs on it. Generally, I disable all unused services in any Linux install. In this case, I will not use zfs and HA so I doubt they will change Proxmox behaviour for me if disabled. I'm also hoping to disable whatever writes to the disk every few seconds even when all servers are completely idle.

Any help to achieve the above is most welcome.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!