Deliver from spam quarantine

immergast

Jun 28, 2019
Hi!
I`m trying to deliver any message from spam quarantine, but with no success.
In tracking center i can see the following message:

Jun 28 12:36:42 mg postfix/smtpd[20663]: connect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
Jun 28 12:36:42 mg postfix/smtpd[20663]: E8614421085: client=localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
Jun 28 12:36:42 mg postfix/cleanup[20665]: E8614421085: message-id=<PU1PR04MB2279C0E8C4B532494FC0@prod.otherdomain.com>
Jun 28 12:36:43 mg postfix/qmgr[13166]: E8614421085: from=<postmaster@mg.domain.com>, size=1018550, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Jun 28 12:36:43 mg postfix/smtpd[20663]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1] ehlo=1 mail=1 rcpt=1 data=1 commands=4
Jun 28 12:36:48 mg postfix/smtp[20666]: E8614421085: to=<user@domain.com>, relay=mx1.domain.com[192.168.0.55]:25, delay=5.4, delays=0.28/0.03/0.02/5, dsn=5.7.105, status=bounced (host mx1.domain.com[192.168.0.55] said: 554 5.7.105 SenderFilterAgent; Sender denied as sender's email address is on SenderFilterConfig list (in reply to end of DATA command))
Jun 28 12:36:48 mg postfix/qmgr[13166]: E8614421085: removed

How can i change the postmaster@mg.domain.com to my preferred address to be able to deliver incorrectly marked spam from quarantine directly to user mailbox?
Thank you in advance.

your log does not show that that something is move to the quarantine.

in order to manage the quarantine, just go to "Administration/Quarantine" on the admin web interface.

This log shows the attempt to deliver message from spam quarantine to original recipient.

consider adding postmaster@mg.domain.com to the allowed senders and prevent it from being added to a filter

Also I'm not sure whether this message from your downstream-mailserver (mx1.domain.com) refers to the Envelope sender or the address in the From header - check its logs to see which address it denies

if it's the From header you can change it quite comfortably in the GUI: 'Configuration'->'Spam Detector'->'Quarantine'->Email 'From:'

if it's the Envelope sender you can only change either the hostname of the pmg-installation, or maybe adapting the 'myorigin' variable in main.cf could work as well (see https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#_service_configuration_templates about modifying main.cf)

hope this helps!

if it's the Envelope sender you can only change either the hostname of the pmg-installation, or maybe adapting the 'myorigin' variable in main.cf could work as well (see https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#_service_configuration_templates about modifying main.cf)
"myorigin" option fixed my issue. Thank you!
Two more questions:
1) myorigin option disappears from config after server restarts.
2) account, which sends mail from mail gateway needs password. Where can i enter password in proxmox config?

1) myorigin option disappears from config after server restarts
please check the documentation - https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#_service_configuration_templates
The description of making persistent changes to the configuration templates (main.cf.in) is described there

2) account, which sends mail from mail gateway needs password. Where can i enter password in proxmox config?

not sure I understand the setup here completely - PMG sents the mail itself from a local account where it needs no password.
If PMG is relaying the mail further through another mailsystem, which needs authentication - you need to configure postfix (also via service-configuration templates) to authenticate with the relay

Else please describe which account needs to authenticate (and where it needs to authenticate)

hope this helps!

Reactions: immergast
The description of making persistent changes to the configuration templates (main.cf.in) is described there
Done. Thank you!
not sure I understand the setup here completely
I have a PMG and Exchange 2019 installed. PMG sends and accepts mail from external recipients and forwards it to Exchange server. Sometimes usual mail considered as spam and i have to forward such mail manually from quarantine to user mailbox on Exchange.
you need to configure postfix (also via service-configuration templates) to authenticate with the relay
Could you please which options should i find in postfix config?
Else please describe which account needs to authenticate (and where it needs to authenticate)
Account from Exchange server. postmaster@domain.com

Reactions: immergast

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!