DCC + Pyzor + Virus Scanners ?

Hi,

Is it possible to add DCC (https://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc), Pyzor (https://packages.debian.org/stable/pyzor) and additional virus scanners to PMG? How?

Thanks.
Adding pyzor and dcc is trivial if you know how to configure spamassassin.
Adding additional virus scanners involve adding code to the core pmg sources, which is not trivial as you should know:
1) how to interact with the code
2) how to interact with the virus scan

Btw avast support is built in BUT you should manually enable it.

Last edited:
Adding pyzor and dcc is trivial if you know how to configure spamassassin.
Adding additional virus scanners involve adding code to the core pmg sources, which is not trivial as you should know:
1) how to interact with the code
2) how to interact with the virus scan

Btw avast support is built in BUT you should manually enable it.
Thanks Davide for your advice.

How do you enable avast? Does avast have a downloadable command-line scanner for Linux?

I've also noticed some code for virustotal? Does PMG-5 send the emails to virustotal for scanning? Wouldn't that be great if that were the case, it would guarantee 99.9999% virus-malware-bad-URL detection.

Thanks Davide for your advice.

How do you enable avast? Does avast have a downloadable command-line scanner for Linux?

I've also noticed some code for virustotal? Does PMG-5 send the emails to virustotal for scanning? Wouldn't that be great if that were the case, it would guarantee 99.9999% virus-malware-bad-URL detection.

You can download and install a 30 days trial of avast linux: https://www.avast.com/it-it/linux-server-antivirus
It's just like clamav: a command line scan that talk with a daemon.
Install and be sure it works , then enable support in pmg with: pmgsh set /config/admin --avast 1

I don't think pmg supports virustotal.

I don't think pmg supports virustotal.

AFAIK its not allowed/possible to query virustotal.org in such a usage scenario. And yes, its not integrated as not possible.

AFAIK its not allowed/possible to query virustotal.org in such a usage scenario. And yes, its not integrated as not possible.
The main problem with virustotal imho is the limitation in number of scans that one account could perform.

Last edited:
Instead of a plublic API Key there is a private API for Virustotal that must be paid.

So would there be a possibility for PMG to check via Virustotal?

Thanks

Instead of a plublic API Key there is a private API for Virustotal that must be paid.

So would there be a possibility for PMG to check via Virustotal?

Thanks
If Virustotal can be enabled, PMG would become the best virus scanning programme ever devised. They have a heuristic zero-day scanner no-one else has, which has just caught a malware in a screensaver .exe file I downloaded from screensaversplanet.com.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!