Datastore Stats from last Garbage Collection: Bad Chunks

vdm

May 23, 2018
Dear Team,

in the pbs gui I can see a number of bad chunks. I could not find any documentation what bad chunks are to understand the situation and how to get rid of these bad chunks.
Is this just leftover of old stuff and will be deleted some time, or is this a major problem somewhere?

Many thanks,
Andreas

a 'bad' chunk is a chunk that does not match its checksum, thus bad data
run a verification on your datastore, the backups which are affected will be marked as failed for verification

Hi,
have the same thing here, too now.
Even after complete reverification and GC i get "Leftover bad chunks: 6" in one datastore.
Any idea, what i should do?
thanks
Sascha

Maybe your backup process crashed(system restart, network problem)? This is what is usually problem in our PBSses

can give all-clear.
It seems that not all snapshots were checked during the first verification, but only a few...Can't say exactly why.
But I have now checked all snapshots again and no longer have any bad chunks.
thanks for your help
Sascha

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!