Creating an Ubuntu 19.10 Container

NathanIsOnline

Oct 24, 2019
I get the following message whenever I attempt to create an 19.10 CT with the Proxmox standard template: "TASK ERROR: unable to create CT 105 - unsupported Ubuntu version '19.10' "
I'm running Proxmox version 5.4-13. Some basic googling indicated I need to update the Proxmox host, which did update some packages, however after upgrading and restarting the host the same error persisted.

On another note, I initially created an Ubuntu 19.4 CT (which worked) and attempted to upgrade it to 19.10 via the standard Ubuntu process. The CT failed to restart however after the upgrade, can I assume this is related or do I have two issues here?

I have since tried creating another proxmox host on a different machine, this time using the current Proxmox version of 6.0-4. However I noted that Ubuntu 19.10 is not on the list of templates, and trying to install an Ubuntu 19.4 CT to then upgrade to 19.10 had the same result of failing to start.

Good to know, thanks. How long will it take for the commit to happen, and if it's on a timescale greater than a week, can you point me in the direction of documentation as to how I would apply the commit early?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!