Create redundancy of links

jonaswm

Jun 26, 2015
Good morning...

I wonder how to create redundancy .. so that when a link goes down , exampelo eth0 , communication continue on eth1.

I read, but do not get it... What is the difference between Linux and bound ovs bound?
And how would I do? can you give me an example!

Thank u
There is too much info and too little time to explain technical details in one post. You gonna have to do some reading. Google is your friend.

Both Linux bridging/bonding and OVS are two technologies that achieve the same result (e.g. bonding, bridging, VLANs). Just two different technologies. That's it. OVS gives you more flexibility when it comes to virtual networks.

Easiest is probably to edit the existing Linux bridge that Proxmox sets up to use your newly bonded interfaces.
Example of bonding is given here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBonding

Then edit the Proxmox bridge definition to refer to the newly created bond above.

For bonding physical interfaces, your physical switch has to support LACP (link aggregation control protocol) if my memory serves me right.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!