[SOLVED] Create new VPS with a backup

corianito

Jul 20, 2019
Hello!

Forgive the English, I use a translator.

I have a need, we want to recover only some data from the database of a backup created with proxmox.

Is it possible to restore that backup to a new VPS just to try to get the data we need and then delete it? I don't want you to overwrite the current one.

Backup: /var/lib/vz/dump/vzdump-qemu-1088-2020_04_20-20_21_55.vma.lzo

Greetings!

Yes, you can define a new VMID in the GUI when you restore a backup.
It is probably best if you remove the network interfaces from the VM before you boot it, to avoid having the "same" VM running twice.

Yes, you can define a new VMID in the GUI when you restore a backup.
It is probably best if you remove the network interfaces from the VM before you boot it, to avoid having the "same" VM running twice.

From Proxmox I cannot select the number of VMs to restore to, I am directly shown the same number of the VM. I need to restore to another VM. How should I do this?

image: https://i.gyazo.com/722f36e41adee74c1f63023a844c4e1f.png

Which version do you have installed?

Did you go to the restore dialog via the actual VM?

Try to select the storage on which the backups are stored. Then select the backup in question. Once you click on the "Restore" button you should be able to select a different VMID.

Great. If that solved your problem please consider editing the first post in this thread and setting the prefix (next to the title) to "solved". Thank you :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!