Content of storage drives is not showing up

D

dslauter

I have proxmox installed on a server in our work. Everything was working great for quite a while. I have automatic backups set to happen everyday spaced apart a few hours in the middle of the night. The backups are successful, except when i go to view the contents of either my local storage or my NFS the backups are not present. I don't know what could have caused this, but I need some help fixing it.

this is my pveversion -v

pve-manager: 2.3-13 (pve-manager/2.3/7946f1f1)
running kernel: 2.6.32-17-pve
pve-kernel-2.6.32-16-pve: 2.6.32-82
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2
clvm: 2.02.95-1pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.4-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.93-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.9-1
pve-cluster: 1.0-34
qemu-server: 2.0-72
pve-firmware: 1.0-21
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-41
libpve-access-control: 1.0-25
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-36
vncterm: 1.0-3
vzctl: 4.0-1pve2
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-1

all of your help is greatly appreciated!!

Hey Tom, that solved the problem. However now the webgui seems to have some flaws. The machines all show that they are off, but they are on. It is also not displaying the names of the machines. If i reinstall pve-manager it will fix it temporarily.

Hey Tom, that solved the problem. However now the webgui seems to have some flaws. The machines all show that they are off, but they are on. It is also not displaying the names of the machines. If i reinstall pve-manager it will fix it temporarily.

post again your 'pveversion -v'

did you reboot after the update?

Yes sir, i did reboot after the update.

pve-manager: 2.3-13 (pve-manager/2.3/7946f1f1)
running kernel: 2.6.32-16-pve
pve-kernel-2.6.32-16-pve: 2.6.32-82
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2
clvm: 2.02.95-1pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.4-4
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.93-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.9-1
pve-cluster: 1.0-36
qemu-server: 2.3-20
pve-firmware: 1.0-21
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-49
libpve-access-control: 1.0-26
libpve-storage-perl: 2.3-7
vncterm: 1.0-4
vzctl: 4.0-1pve2
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-1

Fantastic bug, seems to cause backups not to be shown in the restore window.

This has impacted me too so it seems, the backup files should be 'open' for recovery rather than using a proprietary format - it clearly can't be relied on.

Looks like its downtime for updates again.

Fantastic bug, seems to cause backups not to be shown in the restore window.

This has impacted me too so it seems, the backup files should be 'open' for recovery rather than using a proprietary format - it clearly can't be relied on.

Looks like its downtime for updates again.

which proprietary format? a new format does not mean that it is closed, all is open source.

which proprietary format? a new format does not mean that it is closed, all is open source.

Open source yes, but it's certainly not using any standard or industry accepted format so it's proprietary. It is not well documented and does not have any tools for manual extraction (requires the proxmox interface).

Since I think you're wondering why this is a problem, it needs a manual extraction method. Recovery of a single file from the drive (host stored in something like raw) is a right pain, it requires restore of the vm completely rather than being able to get the data out via command line/without impacting the vm configurations.

Since I think you're wondering why this is a problem, it needs a manual extraction method. Recovery of a single file from the drive (host stored in something like raw) is a right pain, it requires restore of the vm completely rather than being able to get the data out via command line/without impacting the vm configurations.

The CLI tools is called 'vma' - feel free to send patches if you require additional functionality.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!