Constructive criticism of change

Mundo Digital

Feb 19, 2020
Brasil
I have come across old and confusing proxmox documentation, they do not help and confuse more. Is there a plan to place real use cases for users looking for the forum not to get support that is being sold here, through assistants.

Reactions: MadalinC
that guide is just for accessing proxmox port over port 443. it already assumes you have a domain name and certificate.

refer to the certificate management link i've sent you, after you set up let's encrypt you should be able to connect with the domain name.

that guide is just for accessing proxmox port over port 443. it already assumes you have a domain name and certificate.

refer to the certificate management link i've sent you, after you set up let's encrypt you should be able to connect with the domain name.
What I'm saying is that the material is very messy and has no real use cases. It would be much better if the youtube / proxmox channel had this type of configuration with different software that support proxmox. So this documentation is very confusing and the youtube channel is almost never used by you.

What I'm saying is that the material is very messy and has no real use cases. It would be much better if the youtube / proxmox channel had this type of configuration with different software that support proxmox.

this was a user submitted wiki entry, so i don't agree that there's no real use case for this. otherwise it wouldn't be there ;)

as i have told you before in a different post, if we made video tutorials for every configuration out there, we wouldn't have any time to develop our product. we appreciate the feedback but something like that is simply not possible. instead we try to keep our documentation up to date and healthy, with the help of our community.

cheers

this was a user submitted wiki entry, so i don't agree that there's no real use case for this. otherwise it wouldn't be there ;)

as i have told you before in a different post, if we made video tutorials for every configuration out there, we wouldn't have any time to develop our product. we appreciate the feedback but something like that is simply not possible. instead we try to keep our documentation up to date and healthy, with the help of our community.

cheers
So many people are migrating, due to the lack of real use cases and the facility proposal (where it is) that has been proposed since the beginning of the project (Pay support) is the only thing you know how to say.
That would be good healthy and would work as marketing.

It would be much better if the youtube / proxmox channel had this type of configuration with different software that support proxmox.

Hi,

In my own opinion, any kind of documentation in form of a movie is not usefull, because:

you can not use copy/paste

if you want to go back ... you must move the slider back, at what minute? and then go forward -> a waste of time

you can not search into a movie (using keyword)

some users can not understend very well english (like me) or not at all (but using a text they can use google translate).

My 2 cent :)

So many people are migrating, due to the lack of real use cases and the facility proposal (where it is) that has been proposed since the beginning of the project (Pay support) is the only thing you know how to say.
That would be good healthy and would work as marketing.
Every stream platform has automatic subtitles that can be useful for users
If you don't believe it, take a poll and see what users prefer.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!