console visible but no login

josef__

Nov 16, 2010
Hello,

sorry for posting even though dietmar said the solution is on this forum. But i could not find anything that worked for me.

Now it seems like the console is not working anymore on my new ovz ct machine. I get the console window and the message that i am connected to ct 101 and that i can press ESC and . if i wanted to detach. But no login. I tried also the tty.conf trick in /etc/init but with no success (my ct is centos6). The vzctl enter 101 works...
Could you please give me an advice how to make things work again?

thanks

Hello, i am running the latest PVE. Yes i have seen this post but nothing worked for me :(

But i must say that i changed the hostname before so maybe it could be something in relation.

when i restart the ct and leave the console open i get this message but still no login available even though i can write in to the console.

init: Re-executing init
init: Failed to re-execute init: No such file or directory
starting udev: [ ok ]

hello,

yes i followed the wiki exactly. i am using the centos 6 default template from proxmox web gui and also the default centos 6 x64 template from openvz homepage.
the only thing i know is that tty1 is not starting in none of the both openvz CTs - even though i follow exactly the wiki. If i start the tty1 manually i get my login..
but when i start tty1 manually the login dissappers after i type in my username.

thanks

another thing...
when i run "initctl start tty" inside the CT everything just works fine... but the tty never comes up alone so i could start the console just right after starting the CT.

pls show the output of:

Code:
cat /etc/init/tty.conf

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!