[SOLVED] Console Timeout

I was having issues connecting to the console as well. Fresh install. Messed with some SSL settings in ESET and it worked. Proxmox unchanged. Changed the settings back and it still works.

Random as hell. Can't say it builds faith in a product. Doesn't work, come back in a few hours and it does....

Like I said. That probably has nothing to do with Proxmox. Try disabling IPv6 and/or check you DNS.

same problem here. not using eset. none of the browser work (tried Firefox, Vivaldi, Chromium Edge)

edit: the issue is related to how I address the PVE Webui. If accessing normally via <ip address>:8006 then it works. however normally i have set up a reverse proxy making pve webui accessible over pve.mydomain.tld - in this case the console does not work. probably a certificate issue

edit 2: as dcsapak corretly hinted below, it was related to missing websockets setup. works now.

Last edited:
i have set up a reverse proxy making pve webui accessible over pve.mydomain.tld
did you also setup your reverse proxy to handle websockets? (normally this is not done by default)

Reactions: molnart
same problem here. not using eset. none of the browser work (tried Firefox, Vivaldi, Chromium Edge)

edit: the issue is related to how I address the PVE Webui. If accessing normally via <ip address>:8006 then it works. however normally i have set up a reverse proxy making pve webui accessible over pve.mydomain.tld - in this case the console does not work. probably a certificate issue

Still sounds like a DNS/IPv6 issue to me.
-Sam

Thanks guys - struggled for a day with this problem and came across this post. Was ESET had to turn off all SSL/TLS filtering and now it works fine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!