console size

Cybodog

May 8, 2009
How do I increase the resolution/size of the console window? I can't even run ifconfig and see the entire output at once. This would be useful as I plan on having internal only networked machines that I can not ssh into (directly). I have searched the forums but my search-foo must not be up to the task.

How do I increase the resolution/size of the console window? I can't even run ifconfig and see the entire output at once. This would be useful as I plan on having internal only networked machines that I can not ssh into (directly). I have searched the forums but my search-foo must not be up to the task.

you talk about the container console? what resolution do you suggest here as default? resizing is not implemented and if we go for a higher default its also problematic, just think about the small netbook screens (1024x600).

you talk about the container console? what resolution do you suggest here as default? resizing is not implemented and if we go for a higher default its also problematic, just think about the small netbook screens (1024x600).

Yes, I was talking about that. So there is no way to set it in a config file? An annoyance, but not a deal breaker. I assume you have it set to 800x600? I do like 1024x768 myself (my desktop is 1400x900).

I think it is a mistake to set up a console access based off of a netbook. While netbooks are nice in terms of travel and battery life (and cost!!) I do not think I would like working day in and day out on one (to little info displayed at a time). However, that is just my opinion and yours is as valid as mine on this matter.

I think it is a mistake to set up a console access based off of a netbook.

We try to use the standard termial window size. The font character size is 9x16, and we want 80 colums and 25 lines. This results in something like 720x400.

We try to use the standard termial window size. The font character size is 9x16, and we want 80 colums and 25 lines. This results in something like 720x400.

just in the case that you do not get it already: you can scroll in the terminal (shift and page-up)

just in the case that you do not get it already: you can scroll in the terminal (shift and page-up)

lol! Thanks, I knew that, but you did have to be sure. I was just wondering: as you said, not implemented.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!