Console does not work anymore

jphermans

Renowned Member
Oct 4, 2015
When I click the console button on my running vms I onlusten see the connection screen and not the vm. This was working well before.
Any one can help me with this.

Send from my mobile device!

I do no see errors, and tried from different pc but is not working. And even from my iPad.

4bd92d07fda75544b2a9d9d05cf0ef0a.jpg

Last edited:
I do no see errors, and tried from different pc but is not working. And even from my iPad.

4bd92d07fda75544b2a9d9d05cf0ef0a.jpg

I am stumped. Do you guys use a proxy at all? I had all kinds of issues with the java console before they went html5, html5 console has been rock solid for me.

No? I do not use a proxy server.

8341e6856d2e5c2fef5d3a1d05272015.jpg

Last edited:
I still have to install this container, so I do not now. I had another container with Ubuntu for test purpose and this works but a few days ago I saw that the console doesn't work.

I still have to install this container, so I do not now. I had another container with Ubuntu for test purpose and this works but a few days ago I saw that the console doesn't work.

Did you try just giving the server a reboot? Can you provide the output of "pveversion -v".

Did you try just giving the server a reboot? Can you provide the output of "pveversion -v".
Rebooting the server does not help me.
Here is the output of the "pvevefsion -v".

root@pve:~# pveversion -v
proxmox-ve: 4.0-16 (running kernel: 4.2.2-1-pve)
pve-manager: 4.0-48 (running version: 4.0-48/0d8559d0)
pve-kernel-4.2.2-1-pve: 4.2.2-16
lvm2: 2.02.116-pve1
corosync-pve: 2.3.5-1
libqb0: 0.17.2-1
pve-cluster: 4.0-22
qemu-server: 4.0-30
pve-firmware: 1.1-7
libpve-common-perl: 4.0-29
libpve-access-control: 4.0-9
libpve-storage-perl: 4.0-25
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.5-1
vncterm: 1.2-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 2.4-9
pve-container: 1.0-6
pve-firewall: 2.0-12
pve-ha-manager: 1.0-9
ksm-control-daemon: 1.2-1
glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-2+deb8u1
lxc-pve: 1.1.3-1
lxcfs: 0.9-pve2
cgmanager: 0.37-pve2
criu: 1.6.0-1
zfsutils: 0.6.5-pve4~jessie

clear browser cache (all) and try again.

clear browser cache (all) and try again.

thats a generally good advice, for all sorts UI-Issues.

If i e.g. reinstall my test-servers, i all the time have to clear chromes Browser-Cache in order to get the :8006 gui to load past the "you have an unsecure ssl certificate" message.

I have did everything what was mentioned in this thread but nothing helps. Today I have reinstalled proxmox and installed debian8 from template and I have the same. No connection.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!