Connection Timeout (ver 6.4.x) while using API sometimes

clsaad

Nov 17, 2022
Hello,

We use Promox Mail Gateway integrated with our Portal. Sometime while we send using API the DELETE command for transport or mail relay return Connection Timeout.
The server have 4cpu and 8GB of memory in SSD enviroment with usage of processor between 5~30%. It's clustered with another server (mx01 and mx02) and the cluster configuration it's fine and health. If I try to make the same delete command using WEB work's fine without timeout.

The resume of the /var/log/pmgproxy/pmgproxy.log log
x.x.x.x - root@pam [17/11/2022:11:33:22 -0300] "GET /api2/json/config/transport/meudominio.com.br HTTP/1.1" 200 127
x.x.x.x - root@pam [17/11/2022:11:33:22 -0300] "GET /api2/json/config/transport/meudominio.com.br HTTP/1.1" 200 127
x.x.x.x - root@pam [17/11/2022:11:33:52 -0300] "DELETE /api2/json/config/transport/meudominio.com.br HTTP/1.1" 596 -

Returns:
[DELETE], Url: [https://meuservidor.com.br:8006/api2/json/config/domains/meudominio.com.br],
Content Body:[].
Retornos: StatusCode:[596 596] ReasonPhrase: [Connection timed out] Content: []

Can help me? Looking the changelog of the next versions I don't find nothing about timeout corrections

@clsaad not everything is listed in changelog. Upgrade to latest PMG and test if it works then if does not come back to this thread. You will have to upgrade sooner then later don't run unsupported versions and ask for help. It's not helpful to anyone. If you are running latest version you are more likely to get support.

Reactions: clsaad
also check the journal of your system when the timeouts happen - maybe it gives hints to where the problem is...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!