connecting by ssh

JbS

Aug 31, 2006
Hi there,
I'm trying to connect to Proxmox-Gateway (1.5) by ssh2. I'm Using "Absolut Telnet Client". I administrate three Ubuntu-Servers the same way and have no problem connecting.
I just can't connect. It looks like it's expecting a license-File on my side. As I not have had a problem connecting up to this point I have not bottered about how ssh works in detail.
Can you tell me what the general configuration on the Client side have to be to connect to the Gateway.

Regards

JBS

Hi Tom,
Putty does an interactive login. That's a setting I haden't tried in my client. It works now!

Thanks for the Tip!

Ssh

Hi tom,
I used putty on my windows client, but when i tried to login, after typing user and password, my putty goes :p, putty.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close........
i use the same program to ssh to my other linux boxes, and it works fine.
any ideas ?

Mangyun

Hi tom,
I used putty on my windows client, but when i tried to login, after typing user and password, my putty goes :p, putty.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close........
i use the same program to ssh to my other linux boxes, and it works fine.
any ideas ?

Mangyun

Hi,
try deleting all cached keys,

Hi,
I already clear all saved data related to the mailgateway(proxmox), but it still crash.

I'll just leave it that way, hopefully I don't need to SSH in the proxmox

Thanks Tom.

Mangyun

Hi,
I already clear all saved data related to the mailgateway(proxmox), but it still crash.

I'll just leave it that way, hopefully I don't need to SSH in the proxmox

Thanks Tom.

Mangyun

hi,
are you connecting from another network (not internally)? if yes, please review the SSH settings on the web interface - SSH is by default restricted to internal networks. See Configuration/System/SSH Access

Attachments

• SSH-Access.jpg
    SSH-Access.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 33
Hi,
I'm on the same network.
my setting
Network192.168.0.0255.255.255.0and my ip address 192.168.0.202, same netmask

Mangyun

Hi I am try to get on the password work on the Proxmox but not on putty it say password not correct

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!