configuring problems ?

Protege

Feb 20, 2024
Hi everyone, sorry if I open a new thread but I can't find any info.
for my company we are trying proxmox but we have no experience.
the system is on PowerEdge R750xs with 2 SSDs 500GB RAID1(DB) on PERC H755 flanked by a PowerVoult ME5012 with 2 SAS 8TB RAID1(OS) and 4 SAS 12TB RAID1(DATA) connected with redundant HBA.

the first installation was done on SSD(DB) just to test and verify the installation procedure and see the system a little, no problems except for a PCIe peripheral and the little space for the VM disks

Reinstalled directly on (OS) the system starts but on Datacenter it does not find the local-LVM (no such logical volume pve/data (500)) and in LVM-Thin disks, on the node, it tells me no Thin-pool found, if I try adding it doesn't give me /dev/sdb3 (LVM partition)

furthermore on the node, in the disks screen, I see a double connection to the volumes present on the array, in the volume (OS) I see the proxmox partitions.

I have already followed the guide on the forum and the one on Dell support for multipath but I can't solve it, for obvious resource reasons I have to load the VM disks in LVM-Thin but I can't. I'm missing something.

Any pointers? What details can you find useful to help me?

new situation. I installed everything as per the information provided previously and found this in the logs

1708526056527.png

1708526110793.png

1708526154215.png1708526176158.png
1708526223067.png

HELP PLEASE

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!