Configure different networks on PVE

Jean_G

Jun 3, 2021
Hello everyone
I struggle a bit to configure my proxmox network. Basically, I need to create a network different to my physicall network where I can put vms that can communicate together like "host - network " in VMWare.
Here is the scenario:
Let say I have two vms: the first one(FortiGate) should have one interface that access the internet and the second port2 should have access to a pseudo network A. The second vm(windows) should have FortiGate -port2 as a default gateway in the A network(host network)
How should I configure that on proxmox?

Any idea ?

Best regards

I struggle a bit to configure my proxmox network. Basically, I need to create a network different to my physicall network where I can put vms that can communicate together like "host - network " in VMWare.
Create a new bridge without any hardware interface. Assign virtual NICs of you VMs to it and they will build a local separated network.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!