[TUTORIAL] Condition VM start on GlusterFS reachability

I enjoy how a single typo of "1" can cause 2 posts. (zeroun, I know you were being sarcastic).
It's a mistake if my words were sarcastic. I try to explain things and when someone goes down a path that is not optimal, I try to explain why. I have tested the integration of GlusterFS with Proxmox for a long time and I was faced with the problem of integration with a GlusterFS storage managed by proxmox. So there you go. I try to explain the choices that were made. Far be it from me to be sarcasm. Everyone can make a mistake, including myself. And when someone writes their public IP, the least you can do is warn them. So be careful when communicating your IPs. Security is everyone's business.

And when someone writes their public IP, the least you can do is warn them.
You haven't understood what I meant at all. If you look in his post, you will see that there is just an extra 1 (typo mistake) before that IP address.
So instead of:
10.10.5.241, 10.10.5.242,110.10.5.243
It should read:
Code:
10.10.5.241, 10.10.5.242,10.10.5.243

It's plain obvious from the sequence of addresses!

I assumed (wrongly) that you also understood this, but were being sarcastic with him.

Now that extra "1" has caused 4 posts!

You haven't understood what I meant at all. If you look in his post, you will see that there is just an extra 1 (typo mistake) before that IP address.

He is worried about that one Korean home broadband user that practices security through obscurity and now got busted. Sorry, I could not help it. ;)

Last edited:
He is worried about that one Korean home broadband user that practices security through obscurity and now got busted. Sorry, I could not help it. ;)
Koreans are not the most dangerous... nor the most sarcastic... :p

So instead of:

It should read:
Code:
10.10.5.241, 10.10.5.242,10.10.5.243

It's plain obvious from the sequence of addresses!

I assumed (wrongly) that you also understood this, but were being sarcastic with him.

Now that extra "1" has caused 4 posts!
We can also guess 110.10.5.241, 110.10.5.242,110.10.5.243.
But for one more post, the most sacastic of all is surely you. :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!