[TUTORIAL] Compile Proxmox VE with patched intel-iommu driver to remove RMRR check

rmcelroy

May 13, 2022
Your debs work perfectly on my machine! Not sure what was going wrong with my build process. I'll worry about that on the next version. :)

Super appreciate you taking the time to keep the repo current and sharing the built packages with the novices who struggle to build their own.

Reactions: Whitterquick

Aterfax

Mar 21, 2021
Your debs work perfectly on my machine! Not sure what was going wrong with my build process. I'll worry about that on the next version. :)

Super appreciate you taking the time to keep the repo current and sharing the built packages with the novices who struggle to build their own.

I resolved the weirdness with the Docker build process, I forgot to copy the patches into the docker image! :rolleyes:

As to broken builds: One possibility if people are not cloning the repo itself byte for byte and are copying and pasting certain files, they will almost certainly break the correct tabbing / padding in in the patch file (https://github.com/Aterfax/relax-intel-rmrr/blob/master/patches/relaxable-rmrr-patch-sed.txt)

That might result in it building without the correct patches in place.

tl;dr make sure if you build you clone the repo!

Aterfax

Mar 21, 2021
I've now finished tooling about with the README files to match the current setup.

dominiaz

Sep 16, 2016
I have 5.15.35-1-pve-relaxablermrr on proxmox 7.2 and when I am trying to passthrought X520-DA2 card then dmesg show error like this.

Code:
[ 1134.342356] DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status reg 2
[ 1134.342437] DMAR: [DMA Read NO_PASID] Request device [04:00.0] fault addr 0x176014000 [fault reason 0x0c] non-zero reserved fields in PTE

The card on VM is working fine but that error is annoying. Do you know how to fix it?

Spirog

Jan 31, 2022
Chicago, IL
I have 5.15.35-1-pve-relaxablermrr on proxmox 7.2 and when I am trying to passthrought X520-DA2 card then dmesg show error like this.

Code:
[ 1134.342356] DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status reg 2
[ 1134.342437] DMAR: [DMA Read NO_PASID] Request device [04:00.0] fault addr 0x176014000 [fault reason 0x0c] non-zero reserved fields in PTE

The card on VM is working fine but that error is annoying. Do you know how to fix it?
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2047843

maybe helpful ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!