Clustered storage status (ceph & sheepdog)

Please add ceph support. Is really easy add rbd support. I use it with openstack and works very well.

Thanks! Any idea when will be release? And what storage options will have. Example, attach an rbd volume to a VM.

Thanks! Any idea when will be release?

basically, everything will be released as soon as its ready for testing, but you can also work with the git (if you are familiar with it).

Hi, you can test try with pvetest repository now.

add a rados block storage to /etc/pve/storage.cfg

rbd: myrbdstorage
monhost X.X.X.X:6789;X.X.X.X:6789;X.X.X.X:6789
pool mypool
username admin
authsupported cephx;none
content images

where monhost are your ceph monitor servers.

you need to copy your ceph.keyring to /etc/pve/priv/ceph/myrbdstorage.keyring , with the name of your storage.

that's all!

you should be able to create images to your ceph cluster and start your vm.

(Note that's only the client side, we don't implement ceph server on proxmox for the moment)

That's great news. I need to find another server to install Proxmox on now in the same data center as my storage machines. I have three older, non-VT, test machines ready for Ceph deployment. Will report back with any progress and/or questions. Thanks for the update.

Perfect. I will test when put in one week aprox a new server. Currently I only have proxmox with vps into production.

I check. The ceph-common is 0.47.2. Is possible that update to 0.48? Is the major stable release of ceph and change the internal mode of work.

yes, we will update soon.

Hi,

How many Discs have you used on each server? 5 Discs storage to do RAID5?

Good luck for the future, this is a good cluster storage.

Merci beaucoup.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!