[SOLVED] cluster + different subscriptions

benoitc

Dec 21, 2019
I just read that "In a Proxmox VE Cluster you need to have the same subscription level for all your servers." does it means that the cluster won't work if one of the server has a community subscription while the other doesn't have any?

I wanted to test proxmox cluster with the addition of an old hardware (NUC NUC5i5RYK Technical product specification) . I wonder if it worth to buy a subscription for such hardware.... Anyway let me know :)

I just read that "In a Proxmox VE Cluster you need to have the same subscription level for all your servers." does it means that the cluster won't work if one of the server has a community subscription while the other doesn't have any?

no.

for exampe, if you buy standard support for one node and community for the rest of the cluster node, you cluster support status is community and not standard.

Reactions: benoitc

No, the cluster still works. But you wont get support from us for such cluster. And in your case, only the node with the community subscription can update from the enterprise repository.

Reactions: benoitc
ok, thanks for the answers :) i wonder if such machine is okish for proxmox, what do you think? in any case i a m thinking to just buy another subscription.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!