Closing file '/var/log/pve/tasks/active.tmp.5718' failed - No space left on device (500)

pranit

Oct 10, 2019
utSuddenly the root space is full and i'm not able to access or alter few my VMs.. shows error "closing file '/var/log/pve/tasks/active.tmp.5718' failed - No space left on device (500)" how can i fix it? i have deleted some uploades ISO files from systems but this doesn't work. do i have to restart this node after deleting some files from it?

hi,

you probably just need to open up space on your node. use ssh to connect inside and clean up what you can and it should work unless there's some other problem.

edit: i'm just noticing you opened this in the german forum, so i'll move it to the english one.

Last edited:
Reactions: pranit
if it's just a space problem, then it should be enough to just open up space. no restart needed.

if it's some other problem causing this, then maybe. you'll have to try and see

Reactions: pranit
now space problem is gone after deleting unused vm images. but now my any of vms are not connecting to static ip set also tried setting up Dhcp ip but not working. What can be the issue?

screenshot is attached showing all data ports are in active state to pass all vlans traffic to internet.

Attachments

• network con.png
    network con.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 27
after restarting this node , problem has resolved but now from master node 1 , when i'm trying to access this 2nd node, this gives me error " Error Connection error 401: permission denied - invalid PVE ticket " May i know the issue? pls Help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!