Clock on VM using Proxmox 5

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by Mecanik, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Mecanik

Mecanik Member

Is there a way to stop the VM clock from changing it's timezone to the host timezone ? I really had no such issues with Proxmox 4, but it seems for some reason I have this on Proxmox 5.

Basically the node has 1 timezone and the VM needs to have it's own timezone inside Windows OS, but it changes randomly back to the node's timezone.

Could you advise ?

Thank you!

2. dcsapak

dcsapak Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

proxmox does not (and can not) change the timezone of the guest

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mecanik

Mecanik Member

That is what I thought as well, but it's happening on 2 nodes with Proxmox 5, so then what does change the timezone to the node's timezone...

4. dcsapak

dcsapak Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

i guess windows tries to set its timezone based on location/network ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mecanik

Mecanik Member

I already tried that, change to internet timezone, tried everything and it will change all over again...

6. Datajock

Datajock New Member

I am wondering if the "time zone" is being changed or if the "time" is only being set to that of a different time zone. These are two different things. I am having issues where I want my Windows VM to use MT and the host is using UTC. If I set the VM to UTC, all is fine. But when I try and set the VM to MT, it still sets the time inside the VM to UTC time (it does not change the time zone, it just has the wrong time, or the time from UTC instead of MT).

Is this what the original poster is seeing as well or are they actually seeing the time zone get changed?

#6 Datajock, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  7. Mecanik

Mecanik Member

I am actually seeing the timezone changed/reset inside the VM to the host timezone. No matter what I do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice