[SOLVED] ClamAV update issue

sametileli

Aug 25, 2020
hello everyone

I get an error when I want to update the clamav database. When I access the update address via the internet browser, I encounter the cloudflare control. After passing the check (verify that you are not a robot), I can download the relevant update to my computer. pmg cannot download this update itself. What can I do about this? As a workaround for now, I download the update via the browser, connect to the server with the winSCP application and manually install it in the /var/lib/clamav/ folder.

I am a licensed Kaspersky Security for Linux owner. Can I add it to proxmox?

thank you

Attachments

• av.log
    6.3 KB · Views: 3
the issue in the logs points to a not working DNS setup:
WARNING: Download failed (6) WARNING: Message: Couldn't resolve host name

on a hunch - if apparmor is installed - try removing it...

I updated it manually now. I will try it when the new update comes out.

Last edited:
after removing apparmor you should reboot the node

if this also does not help - check the DNS settings...:
* whats in /etc/resolv.conf
* can you ping 8.8.8.8
* can you ping google.com
* can you ping database.clamav.net

Reactions: sametileli
I removed the apparmor. I can ping 8.8.8.8 google.com and database.clamav.net. As of now, I have solved my problem as follows. First I removed apparmor with autoremove. Then I reinstalled apparmor. I restarted the server. I removed it again with sudo apt autoremove apparmor. I can get the update now.

Thank you. You can solve it.

Attachments

• 2023-10-19 14_57_38-192.168.1.214 - PuTTY.png
    2023-10-19 14_57_38-192.168.1.214 - PuTTY.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 4

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!