clamav error

No, nothing else is installed on the server, but at some stage clamav may have been installed manually (I'm not sure though, just saying it might have).
check the contents of /usr/local (find /usr/local) to make sure that nothing else has been installed there (which you don't need and actively want there)

then you can either try to uninstall the clamav installation in /usr/local (if you still have the compiled sources running make uninstall should help) or (which would be the safer and cleaner option - reinstall your PMG and restore a backup (after creating a backup beforehand))

I hope this helps!

check the contents of /usr/local (find /usr/local) to make sure that nothing else has been installed there (which you don't need and actively want there)

then you can either try to uninstall the clamav installation in /usr/local (if you still have the compiled sources running make uninstall should help) or (which would be the safer and cleaner option - reinstall your PMG and restore a backup (after creating a backup beforehand))

I hope this helps!

Hi Stoiko

I tried to uninstall which failed, but I could see that dpkg knew clamav-0.101.4.tar.gz.
root@pmg:~# dpkg --remove clamav*
dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove clamav-0.101.4.tar.gz which isn't installed

Then I downloaded clamav-0.101.4.tar.gz from clamav.net and did a manual uninstall as below:
root@pmg:/home/Download/clamav-0.101.4# ./configure
root@pmg:/home/Download/clamav-0.101.4# make uninstall
root@pmg:/home/Download/clamav-0.101.4# dpkg --remove clamav*

Then I reinstalled 'apt install --reinstall clamav-base clamav-daemon clamav-freshclam clamdscan libclamav9:amd64'
Amd now it works :)

Thanks a million
Peter

Glad that worked out - please mark the thread as 'SOLVED'
Thanks!

hello
everyone i got ERROR
akou@proxmox-gw:~$ sudo service clamav-daemon status
● clamav-daemon.service - Clam AntiVirus userspace daemon
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service.d
└─extend.conf
Active: inactive (dead)
Condition: start condition failed at Wed 2021-08-11 10:34:46 UTC; 18min ago
└─ ConditionPathExistsGlob=/var/lib/clamav/daily.{c[vl]d,inc} was not met
Docs: man:clamd(8)
man:clamd.conf(5)
https://www.clamav.net/documents/

Aug 11 07:48:19 proxmox-gw systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Clam AntiVirus userspace daemon being skipped.
Aug 11 08:00:02 proxmox-gw systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Clam AntiVirus userspace daemon being skipped.
Aug 11 09:00:02 proxmox-gw systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Clam AntiVirus userspace daemon being skipped.
Aug 11 10:00:02 proxmox-gw systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Clam AntiVirus userspace daemon being skipped.
Aug 11 10:26:35 proxmox-gw systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service:12: Standard output type syslog is obsolete, automatically updating to journal. Please update your unit file, and consider removi>
Aug 11 10:26:35 proxmox-gw systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service:12: Standard output type syslog is obsolete, automatically updating to journal. Please update your unit file, and consider removi>
Aug 11 10:27:46 proxmox-gw systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Clam AntiVirus userspace daemon being skipped.

Need help

everyone i got ERROR
Please do not reply to a thread that is more than one year old - but rather open a new one!

Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service.d
└─extend.conf
What did you reconfigure about the clamav-daemon startup?

ConditionPathExistsGlob=/var/lib/clamav/daily.{c[vl]d,inc} was not met
seems you do not have any virus-definitions - run `freshclam -v` and check if this resolves the problem

else open a new thread with the ouputs
I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!