cifs mount

Logan_Rocks

Dec 22, 2016
im trying to connect to a cifs mount via the gui on proxmox and dont know what it wants me to put for the ID. im trying to connect to the backup storage that hetzner gives you with there servers.

opera_rJ7rLslwUm.png

The ID is simply an unique identifier for proxmox, like "mystore1" or "hetznerbackup" (ascii, no spaces).

i keep getting this error when i try to add it. I know its online because im able to connect to it via ftp. opera_nc5ITN0LBe.png

Hi,

i guess your provider don't answer on the online check.
try

Code:
/usr/bin/smbclient //<serverip>/<sharename> -d 3 -m smb3 [-U <username>| -U guest -N]

1579039538711.png

im trying to do this again and im getting this error when i run that command and also when i try to do it via the gui it isnt working.

Also i did try to do it from the GUI but im getting the same error as posted in a earlier post.

Last edited:
The error message says the username or password is not correct.

Ok where would i enter the password in that string?

/usr/bin/smbclient //<serverip>/<sharename> -d 3 -m smb3 [-U <username>| -U guest -N]

the manpage are your friend
see
man smbclient
Code:
-U|--user=username[%password]
           Sets the SMB username or username and password.

If %password is not specified, the user will be prompted. The client will first check the USER environment variable, then the LOGNAME variable and if either exists, the string is uppercased. If these environmental
           variables are not found, the username GUEST is used.

A third option is to use a credentials file which contains the plaintext of the username and password. This option is mainly provided for scripts where the admin does not wish to pass the credentials on the command line
           or via environment variables. If this method is used, make certain that the permissions on the file restrict access from unwanted users. See the -A for more details.

Be cautious about including passwords in scripts. Also, on many systems the command line of a running process may be seen via the ps command. To be safe always allow rpcclient to prompt for a password and type it in
           directly.

Use the GUI with the correct Password and Username.

Then your storage does not answer on this call.
Code:
/usr/bin/smbclient //<server>/<share> -d 0 -m smb3 -U <username> -c 'echo 1 0'

This is normally a permission problem.
Ensure you got all permission on this share.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!