changing ceph public network

MasterTH

Jun 12, 2009
www.sonog.de
hi,

i've installed ceph with 3 nodes, after doing some tests i figured out that i'd like to activate the performance a increasement i'd get when i add a third network device.
How can i change the public network of ceph?

changeing only the public network in ceph.conf isn't it right?

kind regrads

udo

Famous Member
Apr 22, 2009
Ahrensburg; Germany
Hi,
but I'm assume you have an interruption of the storage access.
Your Mons + OSDs must be restartet with the same network - settings - and the guest too, because in the kvm-command are the used mon-addresses... so you must also change /etc/pve/storage.cfg

I would do stop clients first.

Udo

Reactions: MasterTH

MasterTH

Jun 12, 2009
www.sonog.de
managed to change it.
but. not easy to do it.

Code:
ceph mon getmap -o tmpfile
monmaptool --print tmpfile 
monmaptool --rm 0 --rm 1 --rm 2 tmpfile
monmaptool --add 1 10.255.247.13 --add 0 10.255.247.15 --add 2 10.255.247.16 tmpfile
then stop the monitors
and reload the monmap into the ceph configuration (on all monitors - be sure to match the right mon-id):
Code:
ceph-mon -i 2 --inject-monmap tmpfile
i = is the mon-id

change the configs ceph.conf and storage.conf
start the monitors and wait a few seconds. the cluster should be OK then with the new IPs.

The only issue i run into (maybe someone can help me with) i do not get any performance output anymore in proxmox-webinterface and ceph-s

btw - how can i delete a imagefile from the ceph-storage?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE and Proxmox Mail Gateway. We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!