[SOLVED] Changed root pw on proxmox backup server & proxmox host - cant re-add backup server to proxmox

breakaway9000

Renowned Member
Dec 20, 2015
So last night I changed the root password on both my proxmox host server & my proxmox backup server.

The new password works fine to log into ssh/webGUI etc of both systems.

I deleted all historical backups, then removed the proxmox backup server storage from my proxmox (starting fresh).

However, when I went to re-add the proxmox backup server from the webGUI to my proxmox, I am getting this error

Code:
create storage failed: ProxmoxBackupServer: Cannot find datastore 'ProxmoxBackupServer', check permissions and existence! (500)

Obviously the issue is the "Datastore" field. I'm not quite sure what to put here. Is this the name of the backup storage mounted to the PBS server itself? My PBS server is using CIFS to mount storage if that matters.

This was all working great before I changed passwords.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• proxmoxbackupserver.png
    proxmoxbackupserver.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 67
yes, the name of the datastore (what you see on the PBS GUI).

Reactions: breakaway9000

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!