Change NIC for VM Replication

chrisu

Renowned Member
Jun 5, 2012
Hello,
I have been search for this topic but was not abler to find any answer, forgive me if this question has already been answered.
I have setup a two node cluster with a dedicated cluster link network that I want to use for replication and for corosync. The cluster was created in the GUI after adding the IP for the cluster network. I had to change the ring0 address after cluster creation for the user side ip address to the cluster asdress following the guide at https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Cluster_Manager. No problem. Still the Join Information dialog shows the user side ip an not the cluster network but the cluster works an corosync is configured to use the cluster network. But when I start to replicate a VM to the second node, it looks like the replication is done through the user side network and not through the cluster network. Is there any addional config required to have the replication using the cluster network?

Thank to all.

Hi,

see man datacenter.cfg

P.S. Running corosync and replication on the same network is not recommended because on a sync you will probably lose corosync quorum thru high latency

Thanks a lot. Was able to find some additional threads for this with your input and thank you for the remark regarding sharing replication and corosync link. I had this concerns to but finally decided the the dedicated back to back link ensure a lower latency because there are no additional sources sending packages and no buffers, while the frontend link is heavily used and could get into congestion.

best greetings
Chris

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!