Change default network

DaYroXy

Jul 31, 2023
Hello guys, im trying to simulate a home network on my proxmox so what im trying to do is:
vmbr0: 172.154.1.129/24
vmbr100: 195.147.240.0/24

vmbr0 will act as wan
vmbr100 will act as lan
i did setup pfsense and made vmbr0 as wan and vmbr100 as wan but i dont want that wan can access my proxmox server i only want the lan to use my proxmox i can access proxmox on 172.154.1.129:8006 from wan
*the wan/lan arent really wan/lan but its in an isolated environment for testing only*
and im really new to all of that im just trying to learn how stuff work thats why its in an isolated environment i dont want to break anything on my real network

all i want to do is after i setup pfsense to use vmbr0 and vmbr100 to make proxmox run on LAN of pfsense instead of WAN so vmbr0 will act as just wan connected to pfsense and doesnt know anything about proxmox how can i do that?

Attachments

• Network.png
    Network.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 15
  • PfSense.png
    PfSense.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 14
  • interfaces.png
    interfaces.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 14

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!