Change cluster network

carlosmp

Renowned Member
Jun 2, 2010
Wondering what the best process would be to change the cluster network to a different network range.

I've prepared the hosts file with the new ip/hostname. I can ping by name and ip. I also have corosync.conf with the new node IP/Names and ready to go with the new config_version number.

Since this is a live system, trying to be a bit cautious. Anything else to look for or prepare for? If the individual VMs are setup for HA, will they not bounce around? Perhaps move all the vm's away from the first node prior to reboot?

Thanks in advance.

Wolfgang - That's where I got the steps from. I was just hoping for more info or any glitches that I should be on the lookout for. Fortunately, nothing happened.

Thanks again

When you do this operation you should disable HA for this time.
migration is not necessary and you can do this also on the fly.

If I where you I would make a virtual 3 node cluster on you real cluster and simulate the operation.

Wolfgang, could you please clarify one more thing:
When we separate corosync network from data and storage ones which one is used for VM migration?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!