[SOLVED] Certificates problem between pve and pbs

Jan 31, 2021
I had to renew a proxmox backup server running in one proxmox lxc. I used the exact ip as used before and backups of lxc and vm work fine.

If i try to backup the pve node comes a certificate error. It seems, the pve expects the certificate of the old pbs and runs in an error. How can i fix this?

Code:
root@pve:~# proxmox-backup-client backup root.pxar:/ --repository 192.xxx.xxx.xxx:pbsbackpPassword for "root@pam": ************Starting backup: host/pve/2021-04-15T12:23:04Z
Client name: pve
Starting backup protocol: Thu Apr 15 14:23:10 2021
Error: error trying to connect: error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:../ssl/statem/statem_clnt.c:1915:
root@pve:~#

Best regards

set the new fingerprint under 'datacenter -> storage -> your-pbs-storage -> edit'

Unfortunately i put the new fingerprint in there and the datastore is connectet. The issue occurs with the new fingerprint.

As i wrote, the pbs could be reached but the backup of root.pxar is not possible.

clear (or edit) /root/.config/proxmox-backup/fingerprints. we should probably fix this to display the stored and new fingerprint and print a meaningful warning at least..

Reactions: Meister Mopper

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!