Ceph v16.2.6 Pacific released

vesalius

Aug 19, 2020
About to embark upon setting up Ceph on my small cluster for the first time and was doing my due diligence on reading up about it. Ran across the linked Ceph blog post below. one of the notable features mentioned is that this is the first release built for Debian Bullseye. I'll probably keep educating myself until Proxmox does the upgrade to 16.2.6, unless that is going to be long in the future. Seems to be some debate about letting the Proxmox GUI do the setup versus CLI, a lot of which revolves around calculating versus autoscaling PG's, but that sort of debate always seems to happen with software.

https://ceph.com/en/news/blog/2021/v16-2-6-pacific-released/

Last edited:
I do not get the point of your post, what do you want to tell our community?

(Proxmox VE 7.0, based on Debian Bullseye, includes Ceph 16.x since the first release)

As always, we test newest Ceph internally and release packages in a few days to our test repo.

Apologies if my post is out of bounds or unclear whether I was asking for Proxmox staff help or not. Mostly just informational to the community and anyone else in the pre-install fact finding stage that Ceph v16.2.6 Pacific was just released and that the developers there stated this is the first release built for Debian Bullseye.

With that said I am fully aware that the great people at Proxmox have had pacific up and running for people on PVE7/debian bullseye for a while now. please delete the thread if is an issue.

Reactions: AlexLup
Thanks for explanation, I will update this thread as soon as we got 16.2.6 on our test repo (will happen quite soon).

Reactions: vesalius
Reactions: vesalius and jsterr

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!