[SOLVED] ceph upgrades and zabbix

RobFantini

Famous Member
May 24, 2012
Boston,Mass
for major upgrades the ceph zabbix template may change. it did change for ceph version Nautilus , which caused ceph -s to show 'Failed to send data to Zabbix' .

the location of the template changed from Luminous to Nautilus. to find the template:
Code:
updatedb
locate zabbix_template

/usr/share/ceph/mgr/zabbix/zabbix_template.xml needed to get imported in zabbix.

Last edited:
I see no question, so I guess this is meant for others as a reminder?

yes that was a reminder - i think zabbix is very good for monitoring ceph latency and sending email when ceph health is not OK. is there a place i could put a how to set that up, or should a wiki page be used?

There is no explicit place for config "howto" snippets. I think in this case, the [SOLVED] should give enough of a hint for anyone searching for it. Thanks for posting.

Thanks !
With the latest template of the Ceph repository, it does not work, but using the updatedb and locate, then using this template, works perfectly.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!