Ceph on IPv6 - pveceph creatmon not working

CTCcloud

Renowned Member
Apr 6, 2012
This cluster is working over IPv6 and the Ceph install is intended to be entirely IPv6
Deploying ceph with pveceph install -version hammer works just fine on all nodes

When deploying the first monitor, using pveceph createmon

It reaches the the end with "Starting ceph-create-keys on "node name"" and just hangs

Looking at the /etc/pve/ceph.conf file shows the monitor IPv6 address is incorrect

[mon.0]
host = node1
mon addr = 2345:2345:2345:2::ff:35:6789 (this should have had brackets enclosing the IPv6 address instead of putting the port at the end directly as it is)

I don't know if that's what causing the process to hang but I don't know how to get around it at this point

Could someone please help? I'd like to finish Ceph deployment asap and start testing but I'm stuck at this point without being able to create monitors.

Thanks in advance,

CTC

I rebooted the node after attempting to create the first monitor

When trying to start the monitor now on that node this is what I get

Task viewer: SRV mon.0 - Start
Output
Status
Stop
=== mon.0 ===
Starting Ceph mon.0 on PMX-72-CN1...
Running as unit ceph-mon.0.1463160483.061314256.service.
Starting ceph-create-keys on PMX-72-CN1...

Again, the service just hangs and says "Starting" after hours of being that way

Ok, at this point, I may need to wipe the cluster out and move forward with Ceph testing on IPv4 but WILL come back to this as the problems with IPv6 need to get resolved. Problems with creating monitors and problems with Unparsable URL (599) are just the beginning I think.

Thanks in advance

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!