centos-minimal

rxrxrx

Dec 15, 2011
I know there are centos templates already,but they have some packages, like samba, that probably no one uses.

I think it'll be fantastic to have centos containers with minimum number of packages installed.

That is achieved by, "Customize Packages Now" then deselecting all packages.

For now, after creating a container, first think i do is, removing unnecesary packages :]

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, i am using centos 6 from there. Anyway here is what i've prepared so far, I'll be adding more packages to "yum remove" list.

Code:
yum groupremove "CIFS file server" "console internet tools" "directory client" "directory server" "legacy unix compatibility" "network infrastructure server" "network file system client" "networking tools" "perl support" "snmp support" "system administration tools" "web server"

yum remove dhcp-common libtdb avahi-libs lm_sensors-libs libtiff libgssglue libpcap slang bind-libs 

yum -y update

reboot

Yeah, I know what you mean: a netinstall image would be great. Then we could follow a HowtoForge setup and have it actually work!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!