CentOS LXC Containers require a reboot

daemonslayer2048

Aug 24, 2021
I am currently running Proxmox 7.0-11 and it would appear any LXC template related to the RHEL family requires a container reboot to work. This error appears to impact Fedora 34, CentOS 8, CentOS Stream (custom), and even Rocky. I have been able to replicate this issue on all three of my hosts and another individuals Proxmox host. For more details, the container does start, but no networking works, and no console appears. After a reboot both will become available. This would be a small issue but it does ruin my Terraform/Ansible workflow.
If anyone could help please let me know.

hi,

thank you for reporting :)

i was able to reproduce the issue, it seems that systemd-firstboot makes the console wait at the initial boot (it's asking for locale, timezone etc.) if you kill the process (after entering via pct enter) or reboot the container or just run it manually, then it works as normal.

will take a look at fixing it with upstream

it's fixed in pve-container git repository, it should be out with the next version (> 4.0-9)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!