cant upload windows server 2012 standard ISO

sapphiron

Nov 2, 2012
Hi All

I have having difficulty uploading a windows server 2012 ISO to my proxmox 2.2 boxes. Using the webGui, I get a "Parameter verification failed" message.

I then tried winSCP to upload the ISO to the local ISO folder
I also tried uploading it to my NAS's ISO folder.

The file is there, but proxmox refuses to see it. I have also tried rebooting the proxmox box.

I have tried this with both my proxmox boxes.

anything else I can try?

Hi All

I have having difficulty uploading a windows server 2012 ISO to my proxmox 2.2 boxes. Using the webGui, I get a "Parameter verification failed" message.

I then tried winSCP to upload the ISO to the local ISO folder
I also tried uploading it to my NAS's ISO folder.

The file is there, but proxmox refuses to see it. I have also tried rebooting the proxmox box.

I have tried this with both my proxmox boxes.

anything else I can try?
Hi,
big files aren't uploadable via GUI, but with scp works.

You copy the file to "/var/lib/vz/template/iso/"? What is the name of the file? If the file ends with .iso it's should work (like debian-6.0.2.1-amd64-netinst.iso).

Udo

Hi,
big files aren't uploadable via GUI, but with scp works.

You copy the file to "/var/lib/vz/template/iso/"? What is the name of the file? If the file ends with .iso it's should work (like debian-6.0.2.1-amd64-netinst.iso).

Udo

I have tried.SCP'ed 2 ISO's in folder. Proxmox only sees the one

If the upload via scp / WinSCP was successful but you cannot see it ("proxmox refuses to see it"), I would suggest you make a (new) directory entry in proxmox "Storage" section which points to the location of the ISO file.

The example shown here is still 1.9, 2.x looks different but works the same.

After this you should be able to see your ISO in you Storage directory/container options.

The same when creating a new VM. If you want to mount the Win Srv 2012 you have to use the directory you made before, which should be in the pull-down option.

Ok Found the problem

filename had a space in the file extention ". ISO"

its what you get when you setup new systems so close of xmas.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!