Can't unlock LXC Container

Dec 14, 2015
Hello Community,

as i was trying to unlock an LXC Container it ends up with the following error:
„Configuration file 'nodes/proxmox1/qemu-server/175.conf' does not exist“

Proxmox search the configfile in the folder „qemu-server“ and not in the „lxc“ folder.
The file /etc/pve/nodes/proxmox1/lxc/175.conf still exists!

For explaination, i had many retransmit errors and the cluster loss quorum, because one of my switches does not correctly transmit multicast packages.

This problem exists a longer time. Before the problem was solved, it causes some issues when i attempted to migrate the container from one node to another.

Now, i want to remove the LXC Container, but the following error occurs:
„TASK ERROR: CT is locked (backup)“

The command „qm unlock 175“ finally produce the error i spoke above:
„Configuration file 'nodes/proxmox1/qemu-server/175.conf' does not exist“

My version:
# pveversion
pve-manager/4.1-22/aca130cf (running kernel: 4.2.8-1-pve)

Thanks for your support.

Robert

"qm" is only used for qemu VMs. to manage LXC containers, use "pct": "pct unlock 175"
Is there a reason that the containers get locked? I don't believe i actively locked any and i was facing the same 'problem' (same fix as well). Any way to avoid locking as well?

a leftover lock usually means that the operation in question was forcefully killed or crashed.

Thanks... still very solid information many years on. Solved my problem after a PBS restore crash.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!