can't snapshot with bind mounts

There exist other workarounds:

If you use ZFS, you can simple create snapshots yourself via zfs snapshot. I use this all the time.

Yes, you're right, thank you. Unfortunately I have several disks with lots of stuff on that are ext4 so that doesn't help me, but I'm sure the info will be helpful to others.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question! the containers are on the NVMe ssd that I installed proxmox on, in whatever the default format is for that. Does that answer your question?

I don't think so, the snapshot button is greyed out, and pct snapshot 100 gives me an error (I'm not at home right now so I can't quote it).

edit:

If there is a way, I'd be grateful to know it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!