Can't remove KVM

mlanner

Renowned Member
Apr 1, 2009
Berkeley, CA
I created a VM through the 2.0 UI. Now, I'd like to remove/destroy it. In the summary tab in the UI the "Remove" button is greyed out so I can't delete my VM. I tried to SSH to the box and run:
Code:
vzctl destroy 200
... but when I do that, all I get is a "Container config file does not exist" response. To make sure this wasn't a fluke, I went ahead and created another VM, ID 201, but it gives me the same problem.

Running 2.0/7a10f3e6.

I also cannot start the VM. It returns an error: "Method 'PUT /api2/extjs/nodes/vh03/qemu/200/status' not implemented (501)"

Any ideas?

Alright, I'll partly answer this myself. It's a bug in the UI using Chrome that doesn't let me delete the VM. Using Firefox 8 it works fine.

However, I still can't start the VM. In Firefox, the "Status" in "Recent tasks" shows: "ERROR: No accelerator found!"

I had that same error about Method Put after updating incorrectly today.

The correct update instructions are:
"Just run "aptitude update && aptitude dist-upgrade" to update from the first beta."

I believe I also needed to clear my browser cache and log in again for the interface to work correctly.

Once you stop the VM the Remove button will not be grayed out and works fine.

Thx for the tip e100. I'll clear the Chrome cache and try again. I did run "aptitude update && aptitude dist-upgrade" and had no errors. Rebooted the host before doing anything.

make sure you have qemu-server: 2.0-4

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!