[SOLVED] Can't live migrate with local storage, can't restrict to one node

It would not break the running VM, but it would not be able to start again, and many other PVE related actions for that VM might fail.

The question is, why disable completely? Why can't you change the storage so that the node restrictions reflect accurately on which nodes a storage is actually available?
Oh boy thats no bueno, good think I asked before just pulling the plug on that.

And thats a very good question, I would like to do that. I was unaware that once I created a cluster it would attempt to make my local zfs storage sharable with the 2nd node.

So in my case the solution was to just go to `Datacenter` > `Storage` > "Select local zfs" > `edit` > Change `Nodes:` from "All" to the specific node. Tested the migration from node 2 back to node 1 and it seemed to go smoothly. Thanks again!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!