can't get access internet

achmadnew

Apr 2, 2021
Hi, Proxmox forum

I just installed proxmox on my miniPC and use my router, but can't get internet, i'm new here and I've read some article from this forum and have no idea what's wrong with my setting,

my router is 192.168.1.1

please help me

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-04-02 at 11.12.38.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-02 at 11.12.38.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 18
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-04-02 at 11.12.39.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-02 at 11.12.39.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 17
Are you sure your NIC is working? I spent ages on a similar issue only to find the NIC on my motherboard had a quirk not fixed or backported to kernel 5.4, which is not on the Proxmox 6.3 ISO.

If you have an alternative connection you can update and get kernel 5.11 automatically now. Otherwise you’ll have to find a way to upgrade from a USB stick.

Are you sure your NIC is working? I spent ages on a similar issue only to find the NIC on my motherboard had a quirk not fixed or backported to kernel 5.4, which is not on the Proxmox 6.3 ISO.

If you have an alternative connection you can update and get kernel 5.11 automatically now. Otherwise you’ll have to find a way to upgrade from a USB stick.
I doubt if it not working, I jut bought new miniPC that I used to install the Proxmox, and before I do dhclient on Proxmox and get IP from the router but still can't get internet, I'm newbie on linux, maybe I'll try to download the last kernel from my laptop and copy the kernel to the proxmox

Sorry by not working, I mean not working in Proxmox, not physically broken. The newer it is, the more likely. You might see something in dmesg - in my case it was essentially an inherent problem with my NIC model that’s only worked around in newer kernels. Difficult to determine, because it half worked.

what says the output of systemctl status networking.service if you have a ifupdown2 can you also post the output of ifreload -a

Sorry by not working, I mean not working in Proxmox, not physically broken. The newer it is, the more likely. You might see something in dmesg - in my case it was essentially an inherent problem with my NIC model that’s only worked around in newer kernels. Difficult to determine, because it half worked.
1617349456979.png

1617351246819.png

I already updated my kernel now, but nothing change, still can't connect internet even my router 192.168.1.1
1617351246948.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!