can't create VMs on remote node's lvm storage

mzch

Jan 25, 2010
Japan
Hi,

I have a Proxmox VE cluster which has 3 servers. The cluster master has a lvm volume named 'rootvg', and another of nodes has a lvm volume group 'pvevg'.

Now I tried to create a VM on the node which has 'pvevg', Apache reported 'Internal Server Error', which was caused by "/sbin/vgchange -aly rootvg failed with exit code 5"

I tried making a modification of /etc/pve/storage.cfg, but Proxmox automatically reverted, so I couldn't create a VM on the node.

After all, I renamed the vg name from 'pvevg' to 'rootvg' and I successfully created a VM, but are there better ways to create a VM on the node which has lvm volume with different name from master node?

/etc/pve/storage.cfg is replicated in the cluster, therefore all storage definitions must be identical on all nodes.

Will it be improved in 2.0?

2.0 will have a complete new cluster management but we I cannot provide all details now.

That's enough. Thanks. :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!