Can't create new user

ComPieter

Aug 15, 2021
When i cr1628979603678.pngeate a new user it doesn't assign the user in the node and password creation fails cause of that...

Last edited:
There are two typed of users. Proxmox users and PAM users (these are the normal linux users). Did you created the right type of user?

Dont think i did. Do i have to create a new user in the terminal? if so do i also have to add it to a group or can i add it too the pam after?

If I remember right I created the linux user using command line adduser and then added them as PAM users in the PVE WebUI.

First somehow managed to bricked my root login and had to completely change my grub to login in a password less root :/

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!