Can't Create Containers

brando56894

Dec 7, 2017
I'm trying to setup an Arch Linux container for Plex Media Server, but it errors out after the "confirmation" step. I have tried to figure out what the issue is but can't seem to, VMs work perfectly.

The error is:
mounting container failed
TASK ERROR: cannot open directory //nvme: No such file or directory

Here is my storage.cfg
Code:
dir: local
        path /var/lib/vz
        content backup
        maxfiles 1
        shared 0

dir: iso
        path /mnt/storage/stuff/iso
        content iso,vztmpl
        maxfiles 1
        shared 0

zfspool: LXC_Storage
        pool nvme/containers
        content rootdir
        sparse 0

zfspool: VM_Storage
        pool nvme/vms
        content images
        sparse 0

I have also attached a picture of the configuration settings of the Plex container (from the confirmation page)

Attachments

• container-config.PNG
    container-config.PNG
    74.6 KB · Views: 11
we expect the dataset nvme/containers to be mounted at /nvme/containers - you probably set the mountpoint property to something non-default?

I just added it via the GUI: storage -> add -> ZFS. It's mounted at /mnt/nvme/containers

Attachments

• add-zfs.PNG
    add-zfs.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 12
No one else can help? I'd like to put Plex in a container instead of a VM like I currently have it.

I already told you what you need to do - mount it at /nvme/containers , not /mnt/nvme/containers .

Ah, thanks, clearly I didn't understand you. Why is the container location hardcoded and the VM location isn't?

Ah, thanks, clearly I didn't understand you. Why is the container location hardcoded and the VM location isn't?

VM disk location is hardcoded as well.. but it is decided by udev and not exposed as a dataset property, so you probably haven't modified it ;).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!